TERMS of REFERENCE
External Expert on Fundraising
Support Of CSOs In Empowering Technical Skills, Inclusion of people with disabilities and EU standards in South East Europe
Caritas Serbia and 15 Partners created a partnership in the project “SOCIETIES – Support of CSOs in Empowering Technical skills, Inclusion of people with disabilities and EU standards in South East Europe” that was approved by the European Union, represented by European Commission.
The Civil Society Facility and Media Programme 2014-2015, under which the SOCIETIES project has been adopted by the European Commission in December 2015, with the objective to strengthen participatory democracies and the EU integration process in the Western Balkans and Turkey by empowering civil society to actively take part in decision making and by stimulating an enabling legal and financial environment for civil society and pluralistic media. The final aim is to strengthen their capacities to advocate and effectively dialogue with Governments in order to influence policy and decision making processes, and to produce lasting change in the society.
The project started on the 1st January 2016 and will last 48 months (until 31.12.2019)
Overall objective of the Action is to improve the capacities of CSOs in South East Europe (SEE) in managing social inclusion processes and in promoting social inclusion policies, through an efficient dialogue with Public Authorities during the decision-making processes.
Specific objective 1: to strengthen the CSOs’ skills in promoting the social inclusion of people with disabilities and mental disorders: capacity building, exchange of knowledge, regional networking, managing of social inclusion initiatives and services, monitoring and evaluating of the social impact.
- Required service, seeks the involvement of 2 external experts that may apply individually or in team for a service period, not less than 5 months, including the provision of 2 day training and 3 months consulting period.
- The External Expert(s) must be available to accomplish his/her assignment for the timeframe 25/02/2019-25/07/2019.
- Carrying out 2 day training in Tirana, for 12 representatives from CSOs active in the field of disability and mental health in Albania. 2 day training must be carried out during the timeframe 25/02/2019-08/03/2019.
- The service seeks, contracting in compliance with the legal requirements in place of 2 External Experts for the aforementioned service.
- Working time foreseen for the service provision will be 20%, or 8 working hours per week. Overall, the service is predicted to be accomplished by conducting not less than 20 working days, or 160 working hours.
- Payment foreseen for the service provision is at the gross amount of 35, 00 EUR per working day (8 hours).
- Building capacities of 12 CSOs’ representatives, on best fundraising practices due to participation in 2 day training;
- Providing the appropriate expertise for 3 months (April–June 2019) to research and identify potential donors and develop a database summarizing the range of donors potentially interested in funding the type of work of 12 CSOs is conducting, with a focus on the various EU financing instruments;
- To identify other funding opportunities (private sector, foundations, etc) internationally and locally, and provide recommendations for next steps in approaching these sources of funding and related modalities;
- To facilitate the understanding and organizational development of 12 CSOs, responding to their requests on diversification of funding opportunities
Place of assignment: Tirana, Albania
Criteria, qualifications and experiences:
- Master Degree and at least 9 years of experience or Phd and at least five years of experience in Management or Social Sciences but also Marketing, International Development, Business Administration, Fundraising or a related discipline;
- Professional experience in the development work, civil society and/or the business sector.
- Minimum of 3 years experiences in fundraising in the region with particular focus on EU funding programs and lines and proposals writing for the European Union;
- Proven track of successful EU fundraising;
- Excellent English language skills, training, consulting and reporting skills.
Conditions for the service:
- Availability to complete the required service within the specified timeframe.
- Availability to support and provide the required expertise to 12 CSOs on fundraising, filling the existing gaps of CSOs through supporting the organizational development and funding opportunities.
- Maintain the confidentiality of data that may be generated or disclosed during the provision of required consulting process for 12 CSOs.
- Submission of time sheet and any other supporting documentation that will be required from the management team, in order to fill in the procedures for the expert payment.
- Submission of work report, including result obtained for the evaluation of pre and post-test and also recommendations for the upcoming actions or capacity building on strategic and communication planning.
Criteria for application:
The following documentation must be submitted by February 15, 2019 to CoDe Albania’s official email address email@example.com as well as handed at the post address: Sami Frasheri, Nr. 3/13, Tirana, Albania
- Letter of interest describing the skills to develop the required service;
- Contacts details of the latest 3 references;
- Copies of completed studies;
- Total budget and working day costs. The cost must be in gross including taxes;
- The budget may be presented at cost to each team member, if there is more than one expert involved in performing the required service;
- The application must be submitted in Albanian and English.